Family-to-Family is a free, 12-week course for family members of an older teen or adult living with mental illness. Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you'll also find out that you're not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You can also help others through your own experience. In the program, you'll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems, and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
The class and materials are provided free of charge, but registration is required.
To sign up, contact Susan Friedrich at 563-422-7882 or online at family2familyNEiowa3.eventbrite.com